art show

So I'm glad that's over with. It was a great show, but WOW it was a lot of work. a lot more than my show at millers. But it was a really great turn out. I'm really happy with the amount of people who showed up. People I haven't seen in YEARS! It was pretty awesome. And I 3 pieces!!!! which was super awesome. I wasn't in the show to make money really. I just wanted the publicity. Because being an illustrator is all about shameless publicity. I handed out a lot of buisness cards and whatnot. I'm so happy I got sarahsloth.com up just in the nick of time. Underpants media still needs some work. But that's okay.

This is mine..obviously :)

And this is the business card for Underpants Media. I cant believe underpantsmedia.com was taken. ???craziness. Anyhoo. We're gonna work on getting the .com from that person. freaking texas rainmaker.

So yeah, the art show was amazing!!! I had so much fun and there were so many people!!! Like the place was packed. My last show was like super small scale. I didnt do enough advertising of it. So I was super excited when there were so many people you had to say excuse me to get to the drinks....Awesome. But it was exausting. I worked from 930 till 5 and then left at like 730 after the art show. Me and Phill went out to dinner with my mom, dad, aunt, cousin, his wife, and their daughter. Mmmm California Tortillia is delicious. Then me and Phill dropped off the van at his parents house and we went home and I was so tired I took a nap for like 2 hours while he went and bought me an energy drink because I had to drive to baltimore and do homework and didnt want to be falling alseeep. Awwww it was the sweetest thing ever. And he even put gas in my car for me so I wouldnt have to on my way back. :) Yeah. Sweetest boyfriend ever. It's awesome. Anyways I woke up to caffeine and a car full of gas and drove up here. Only to have my car over heat for some reason. It always does that!! My mechanic isnt very great because the heating system in my car fails every other month. Anyways I did some screaming and crying on the way up to baltimore hoping my car wouldnt explode or something. But it didnt and I got to the comptuer lab just in time to make this:

They're the flats for my Photoshop class tomorrow. It went pretty smoothly. And I like the colors I chose for this. It's gonna look good finished. So I did that and got back about 330. Then I worked on installing my new printer for about an hour. It was pretty easy. And then i printed that. It printed a little funny and the blacks were more grey than black. but thats okay. I like it how it printed. Plus its not a final or anything. Ugh, Jose is so picky. Anyhoo. So yeah. thats where I'm at now. and I'm about to go to sleep and wake up in 3 hours! w000t. not really at all, but hey, thats life I suppose. I'm super relived I have a printer now. I wont have to go to the print lab anymore!! awesome. Wellll good night yall.

No comments: